Jim Dowd has been Labour Party MP for Lewisham West and Penge since 2007.
In 2007 Dowd was listed as a 'parliamentary patron' to TOAST (The Obesity Awareness and Solutions Trust), a charity that acted as a front for the weight loss industry. In response to a letter of enquiry Dowd stated that as far as he was aware he had not been approached to be a patron and while he had met with representatives of TOAST, he did not act in any advisory or 'patron' capacity.
In a later email Dowd wrote:
- Further to our telephone conversation I can confirm that I have no recollection of ever being asked, or agreeing to serve as a Patron of TOAST. In any event, apart from attending one or more of their occasional receptions at the Commons, I cannot recall any other direct contact with them - except for the appearance of one of their members as a witness before the Health Select Committee. I was also unaware of the source of any their of funding as, so far as I can understand it, were the other members of the committee who took part in the enquiry into obesity, to whom I have spoken.
- Janet Anderson, partner. Managing director at Pearson Anderson Communications and a Labour Party MP from 1992 to 2010. Has been declared by Dowd as involved in 'engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client'.
- Usrula Bennett
- Fleur Costa
- Frederick Dowd
- Michael Stringer - Press officer, London Borough of Lambeth
- Richard Williams - Councillor, London Borough of Bromley 
- Lewisham West & Penge Parliamentary constituency BBC News, accessed 21 May 2015
- Dods people, 'Arrivals, moves and departures', Civil Service World, accessed 3 November 2015
- This list of patrons remained on the TOAST website as of 18 December 2007: Parliamentary Patrons, accessed 18 December 2007.
- Telephone conversation between Jim Dowd and David Miller, 18 December 2007
- From: Jim Dowd  Sent: 28 December 2007 14:13 To: David Miller Subject: Fw: TOAST
- Linkedin Janet Anderson, accessed 23 July 2015.
- Parliament Publications Register of Members’ Financial Interests as at 13 July 2015, accessed 23 July 2015.
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 20 April 2016
- Intellectual Property APPG, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 November 2015