Israeli Intelligence Heritage and Commemoration Center
The Israel Intelligence Heritage & Commemoration Center (IICC) describes itself as "a national site dedicated to the memory of fallen of the Israeli intelligence community." It is sometimes known by the Hebrew acronym Malam.
Formerly known as the Center for Special Studies in Memory of the Fallen of Israel's Intelligence Community (sometimes shortened to the Center for Special Studies), it is an Israeli think tank headed by Reuven Erlich, a retired colonel in Israeli military intelligence. It was in existence by January 1989. A 'What's on' guide in the magazine Flight International (21 January 1989) lists an event at the 'Center for Special Studies in Memory of the Fallen of Israel's Intelligence Community, Gelilot, North Tel Aviv, Israel. Contact: A. Lewis, ISAS secretariat, PO Box 574, Jerusalem 91004, Israel.'
The think tank is reported to have "close ties with the country's military leadership and maintains an office at the Defense Ministry". As of 2007 the center appears to have been renamed as the Israel Intelligence Heritage & Commemoration Center, though its main outlet the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center has retained its name.
On December 5, 2006, a 300-page report produced by its Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center was passed to the US media through the American Jewish Congress. The study was undertaken to rebuff war crimes allegations over Israel's bombing and destruction of residential areas in Lebanon. The report was compiled 'in conjunction with lawyers from the army and Foreign Ministry'.
- Address: Maj. General Aharon Yariv Blvd.
- P.O.B. 3555 Ramat Hasharon 47134
- About Us, Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, accessed 1 June 2013.
- Yaakov Katz, An intelligence think-tank, Jerusalem Post, 15 March 2013.
- What's On Flight International 21 January 1989, p. 61, Accessed 13 March 2009
- Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center at the Center for Special Studies (C.S.S) About Us, 12 June 2005, accessed 13 March 2009
- Greg Myre, Offering Video, Israel Answers Critics on War, New York Times, December 5, 2006.
- Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center About Us, accessed 13 March 2009
- Amy Teibel, Hezbollah Accused of Using Human Shields, Washington Post, December 5, 2006.