Water Supply and Sanitation Technology Platform
The outward appearance of the WSSTP indicates a benign, technocratic organisation seeking only technological and scientific innovation in the water sector. As their description of themselves states
- 'The Water supply and sanitation Technology Platform (WssTP) is a European initiative for European Research and Technology Development in the water industry.. The WssTP develops an overview of the current state of water supply and sanitation technologies in their respective branches and identifies the most promising areas of innovation' .
Their activities and membership, however, indicate a less benign and a more politically orientated agenda.
On June 5th 2008 the WSSTP organised a conference titled 'Covering the WSSTP research agenda and the 20 year plan. Find out where we are going and our plans to get there' .
- Chair Diane d'Arras Suez
- Vice-Chair Xavier Chazelle Suez
- Treasurer Mike Farrimond UKWIR
- Member François Laurans Veolia
- Member Alain Rousse Veolia
- Deputy Tom Vereijken European Water Partnership EUCETSA
- Member Jørn Rasmussen Danish Water Forum
- Deputy Theo Van Den Hoven WEKNOW
- Member Durk Krol EUREAU
- Deputy Carlos Povoa Aquas de Portugal