User talk:Derek Reid
go to the Article Submission] page to do it.
--David 21:31, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
cd you add a category at the foot of the pages you are creating and working on, eg the COP pages, by adding at the foot of the page
and in place of the "?" put the name of a category? you can choose from the category list -- you can find this by going to special pages in the toolbox at left side of page, then categories, and you see a list of existing categories.
if there isn't a good one already there, then you can invent a useful category by typing in the name in place of the "?" e.g. [[Category:GM]] the category name will appear in red. click on it and you will be taken to a category page. type in a description in text box, eg "this category consists of all articles on GM" and save. that will create your category.
Creating categories means people can search by category, with all articles in that category grouped together on the category page.
thank you! --Claire Robinson 21:57, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
useful on corporate capture of sustainable development
some feedback on your project.
- Don't repeat you summary of the COP process on both pages but put it here just once: COP 15
- don't repeat passages on both the BP and Shell pages. Make sure you cut all the dupliocated material
- the two pages you are writing need a propoer introduction stating what the pages are for and what the main issues to be covered are.
- You need to do a lot of work on analysing the role of Shell and BP in the Cop process. In particualr you are liekly to need to focus on Shell and BP officials roles on other lobby groups thatare engaged in the process eg WEF or WBCSD or other climat lobby groups. Ask me if you don't know how to find out who these are.
- Referencing needs attention. you will lose significant marks if the full and proper references are not given.
- Also links on the Shell and COP15 page are out of date and do not work. tjhis suggests that you have cut and pasted work from elsewhere on the site. this should be fixed and the material cut and rewritten with appropriate refs including live links
- URLs will not work if you introduce spaces eg: http:// www.imex.com/uscib/ should be: http://www.imex.com/uscib/
- Can you start by using google and Lexis to dig up material on BP, Shell and climate lobbying?
My impression is that you have not done a lot of work on this and that you are in some way 'stuck' with the project. Please can you start to make process by implementi9ng some of the above?
--David 13:23, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
can u give the full refs please? see http://www.spinprofiles.org/index.php/SpinProfiles:A_Guide_to_Referencing
or if you find this hard to follow, go to the article at http://www.spinprofiles.org/index.php/Alliance_for_Abundant_Food_and_Energy
where the refs have been done according to Spin conventions--go into the Edit page and you will be able to see how I coded refs for that article.
can you do all the refs in all your articles in this format?
otherwise, good work! many thanks. --Claire Robinson 17:35, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
as a PS on
and insofar as this is in line with what David wants you to do, can you introduce a section on criticism of emissions trading, perhaps from some of the enviro NGOs? wiki is an OK starting point but our principle with using wiki as a source is that we need to go to the primary sources cited on wiki for our info, ie not use wiki as the authority. also try googling friends of the earth and emissions trading, for example.
but pls check first with David that I am not taking you off on uncharted paths.
thank you! --Claire Robinson 17:59, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
yikes, no refs
Just had a quick reccie through your contributions and am alarmed that my and David's requests that you use full references (ie not just web urls) seem to have gone un-acted upon. Maybe you are planning to get around to filling out the refs properly at some point in the future? in which case I don't need to worry?? could you leave me a message telling me what your plan is, by clicking on the "Claire Robinson" signature link at the foot of this message -- that will take you to my talk page -- then click on the + in the menu at the top and type your message.
I am not sure even that you are getting these messages so would be great if u cd confirm.
many thanks --Claire Robinson 19:00, 25 April 2009 (UTC) managing ed
small editing point -- can you take out all instances of ampersands "&" to mean "and" from your articles? ampersands should only be used in names of companies, etc. e.g. Berman & Co.
getting there! best wishes --Claire Robinson 08:49, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
might just be someth wrong with my system but I couldn't get the links to Greenpeace website in your article on Carbon Trading (in the references at foot of page) to work. can u check the urls pls? thanks----Claire Robinson 09:23, 27 April 2009 (UTC)