Trojan Horse document
The Trojan Horse document was passed to Birmingham City Council in November 2013. It purported to be part of a plan for 'Operation Trojan Horse', an Islamist takeover of Birmingham schools. According to the Independent, the document is widely considered to be a fake.
The document claims the Trojan Horse strategy has been successfully applied at four Birmingham schools: Saltley School, Adderley School, Regents Park Community School and Park View Academy.
Defenders of the documents authenticity note that includes details regarding Adderley School that had not been in the public domain.
However, the Guardian has reported:
- A source at West Midlands police said one line of inquiry is whether the Trojan Horse document is a hoax, linked to other claims of fraud brought by four former teaching assistants at Adderley primary.
Four women were arrested in relation to a fraud investigation at Adderley School in April 204, the Birmingham Mail reported:
- It is alleged the women were involved in a bogus resignation letters plot at Adderley Primary School in Saltley.
- The fraud reinvestigation began after Birmingham City Council received a document which alleged hard-line Islamists were plotting to takeover some Birmingham schools, in an operation called Trojan Horse.
- M.G. Khan, ‘The so-called “Trojan Horse” document is being used to destabilise Muslim-majority schools', Times Educational Supplement, 27 March 2014.
- Richard Bartholemew, Daily Mail Claims Alleged “Operation Trojan Horse” Plot Goes Back To 1990s, Bartholemew's Notes on Religion, 10 March 2014.
- Dominic Kennedy, Greg Hurst and Ruth Gledhill, Times discovers that ‘Trojan horse’ letter is a crude forgery, The Times, 11 March 2014, archived at Islamophobia Watch.
- Oliver Coss, Of #trojanhorse, and rumours of Trojan Horses, The Vicar of Purgstall, 15 April 2014.
- Scribd, Trojan Horse document.
- Phil Mackie, Operation Trojan Horse: Will we ever learn the truth?, BBC News, 17 April 2014.
- Richard Garner, Tristram Hunt challenges Michael Gove's handling of Trojan Horse schools crisis, Independent, 7 June 2014.
- Helen Pidd, Alleged Islamic plot to take over Birmingham schools may be hoax, The Guardian, 13 March 2014.
- Brett Gibbons, Four woman held in Birmingham school 'bogus resignation letters' fraud probe, Birmingham Mail, 17 April 2014.