Raynor is a member of both the pro-shale business group Lancashire for Shale, which is affiliated with fracking firm Cuadrilla.  He was also previously on the North West Energy Task Force,  which was set up by Cuadrilla's former lobbyists Westbourne Communications as a grassroots 'astroturf' group to push community support for fracking in the region.
Raynor has spoken strongly in favour of fracking, saying in 2015:
- 'Like most people, I was ambivalent to shale gas, but the tremors made me want to find out more. Now I'm in favour.' 
- Tony Raynor, 'LinkedIn, accessed 24 January 2017.
- Our Steering Group, Lancashire For Shale, accessed 24 January 2017.
- SME panel, North West Energy Task Force, accessed 24 January 2017.
- Mike McCarthy, Protesters rally against fracking proposals, Sky News, 28 January 2015, accessed 24 January 2017.
- Warning over four-hour road closure after anti-fracking protest, The Gazette, 12 January 2017, accessed 24 January 2017.