Lieutenant General Thomas McInerney, USAF (Ret.), is director of NetStar Systems, and a Fox News pundit. He advocates military-led regime change in Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea and Syria, and is a member of the Iran Policy Committee. NetStar Systems is a supplier of secure intranet and knowledge base systems to the Defense and Intelligence sectors. From March 1996 to December 1999, McInerney was Chief Executive Officer and President of Business Executives for National Security (BENS), a business association lobbying for greater commercial involvement in national defense programmes. From 1994, McInerney was Director of the Defense Performance Review (DPR), reporting to the Secretary of Defense. In that capacity, he led the Pentagon’s “reinventing government” effort, reducing government payrolls by contracting out work to private companies.
Three Star Birther
While McInerney is not a neoconservative in the classical sense, he is associated with several neocons through his work:
- Another IPC director is retired Gen. Thomas McInerney, who chairs the group’s advisory committee. An über hawk, McInerney has argued, among other things, that the U.S. ought to invade Syria in order to find the weapons of mass destruction that he alleges Saddam Hussein smuggled there before the 2003 U.S.-led invasion. McInerney, a Fox News analyst who also sits on the military committee of Frank Gaffney’s neocon Center for Security Policy, was recently exposed by Talking Points Memo as a supporter of the “birther” conspiracy that alleges, despite replete evidence to the contrary, that Barack Obama was not born in the U.S. and is therefore ineligible to be president.
- NetStar Systems
- Fox News
- Iran Policy Committee
- Center for Security Policy
- American Patriot Foundation
- Thomas McInerney and Paul Vallely, Endgame: The Blueprint for Victory in the War on Terror, Regnery Publishing (2004)
- Thomas McInerney biographical note, NetStar Systems, accessed February 2005.
- Interview with Thomas McInerney and Lt. General Gard from 1999
- Press Release: Three-Star General Files Sworn Affidavit Supporting LTC Lakin's Case , Safeguard Our Constitution, 31 August 2010
- Affidavit of LtG Thomas G. McInerney, USAF (ret.) in support of defense request for discover/motion to compel, accessed 17 September 2010
- Ali Gharib, "Skepticism about MEK’s alleged Iranian nuke revelation", Lobe Log, 9 September 2010