The Guardian Media Group own the Guardian and Observer newspapers. It is owned by The Scott Trust.
- Neil Berkett, chair. Former CEO of Virgin Media and its predecessor ntl. Has also worked for Lloyds TSB plc, Prudential Assurance Company Ltd, St George Bank, Eastwest Airlines Australia and ICL Australia. Also sits on the board of director for the Bank of Queensland and is a non-executive director of The Sage Group plc. Joined the board of the Guardian in November 2009 and appointed chair in September 2013.
- Alan Miller, CEO. Former CFO of Trader Media Group, has also worked for Pepsico, Bass plc and Procter & Gamble. Is currently a non-executive director of The AA, Decoded and Top Right Group. Joined the Guardian as CFO, was appointed to the board in 2009 and CEO in July 2010.
- Alan Rusbridger. Joined the Guardian as a reported in 1979, became deputy editor in 1993 and appointed to the board in 1999. Has been editor since 1995 but will stand down in summer 2015.
- Nick Backhouse. Former deputy CEO of the David Lloyd Leisure Group and CFO of National Car Parks, the Laurel Pub Company and Freeserve. Is also a non-executive director of Marston's PLC and All3Media. Joined the board in April 2007.
- Ronan Dunne. CEO of Telefónica UK Ltd (O2). Was previously CFO and head of finance at BT before O2's demerger from the company in 2001. Is a member of the Telefónica Europe plc board and chairman of Tesco Mobile. Joined the board in May 2013.
- Judy Gibbons. Is currently a non-executive director of Hammerson plc and Virgin Money Giving. Former non-executive director of O2, corporate vice-president of MSN global sales & marketing at Microsoft and has held positions at Accel Partners, Apple Computer and Hewlett Packard. Joined the board in December 2008 and is chair of the remuneration committee.
- Jennifer Duvalier. Is vice-president of people at ARM. Is a former group people and culture director at UBM plc. Joined the board in 2014.
- Brent Hoberman. Co-founder and former CEO of Lastminute.com, PROfounders Capital, mydeco.com and made.com. Sits on the board of easyCar.com and Shazam. Joined the board in January 2007.
- Nigel Morris. CEO of Aegis Media Americas and EMEA. Former chief executive of Aegis Media North America, founding CEO of Isobar and has worked at Carat International. Joined the board in September 2012.
- John Paton. CEO of Digital First Media, director of Postmedia Network and co-founder and former chief executive of impreMedia. Joined the board in May 2013.
- Darren Singer. Former CFO EMEA at WPP owned Group M and has worked at BSkyB, the BBC and PwC. Joined the board in April 2011.
- Philip Tranter, company secretary. Has 25 years experience as a partner in law firms in London. Joined the Guardian in February 2012 and appointed secretary in June 2012.
- John Edward Taylor (1821–1844)
- Jeremiah Garnett (1844–1861) (jointly with Russell Scott Taylor in 1847–1848)
- Edward Taylor (1861–1872)
- Charles Prestwich Scott (1872–1929)
- Ted Scott (1929–1932)
- William Percival Crozier (1932–1944)
- Alfred Powell Wadsworth (1944–1956)
- Alastair Hetherington (1956–1975)
- Peter Preston (1975–1995)
- Alan Rusbridger (1995–summer 2015)
- Katharine Viner (incoming summer 2015)
Selected journalists and columnist
- Marcel Berlins
- Rory Carroll-Maher
- Nick Davies
- Jonathan Freedland
- Timothy Garton Ash
- Benjamin Joffe-Walt
- David Leigh – Head of investigative unit at the Guardian
- Chris McGreal
- Seamus Milne
- Stephen Moss & Feature Writer (edits/writes for the G2 section)
- Jonathan Steel
- Simon Tisdall
- Brian Whitaker
- Martin Woollacott
The Guardian acquired The Observer which became its Sunday paper.
- Roger Alton editor (1998–2007); appointed senior editor of the Independent in April 2008
- John Carlin
- Nick Cohen
- John Mulholland editor (2007–)
- Guardian Media Group GMG Board, accessed 7 May 2015.
- Katharine Viner appointed editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media Guardian, 20 March 2015, accessed 7 May 2015.
- Media section, The Independent, 14 April 2008
- Blue Rubicon profile, 2016, Registrar of consultant lobbyists, accessed 29 April 2016