Susana Braz was an Account Director at public affairs firm GPlus. She specialised in strategic communications and corporate reputation, consumer affairs, trade and the internal market. At GPlus, she advised several large companies on their positioning in Brussels. She also advised on issues ranging from food law and public health to intellectual property and transatlantic trade relations.
Before joining GPlus, she worked for a European trade association in the food sector, specialising in food law, environmental policy, agriculture and trade.
Previously she worked for the Department of Political Science at the University of Leuven (KUL), Belgium, where she contributed to a research project on the impact of lobbying in the EU policy process. She also has experience of working on the European Parliament's Committee on Constitutional Affairs and in the Press and Public Relations Department of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg.
She studied International Relations and European Studies in Lisbon and holds an MA in European Political Studies from the College of Europe, Bruges. A Portuguese national, she is fluent in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish and has a working knowledge of Dutch and Italian.
- University of Leuven, Belgium, Researcher on impact of lobbying in the EU policy process
- European Parliament, Committe on Constitutional Affairs
- Council of Europe, Press and Public Relations Department
- GPlus, Account Director (June 2006 - May 2008)
- GPlus Europe, Susana Braz, 24 May 2008 Web Archive, accessed 13 March 2010.