Stop The Boycott
After the University and College Union voted at its annual conference in May 2007 to consider a boycott of Israeli academic institutions, the PR firm Champollion was commissioned jointly by the Fair Play Campaign Group and BICOM to act as strategic advisor to the effort to prevent a boycott.
Champollion launched a campaign called Stop the Boycott. Champollion states on its website:
- We immediately helped to assemble a broad coalition of respected individuals and organisations from academia and the Jewish community, including the Russell Group and the Board of Deputies, to make the case for academic freedom and for working with Israelis to achieve peace. We have since advised on communicating in the media, the internet and advertising, to reach both national opinion formers and grassroots UCU members.PR firms Champollion and Populus were hired to promote the campaign.
BICOM hired the digital agency Halpern Cowan at some point between summer 2006 and mid-2008 and the work they did included hiring a freelancer to design the Stop the Boycott wesbite.. His CV, downloadable on his website, states that the site received over 15,000 hits in one week.
Former PR firms
- Champollion - Our Clients - Stop the Boycott, accessed via Web Archive 17 May 2013.
- Campaign, Voluntary Sector Special - Coalition stops boycott of Israeli universities, PR Week, 23-November-2007, Accessed 17-December-2009
- Leslie Bunder, New staff for Israel, SomethingJewish.co.uk, accessed 22 August 2012
- Paul Simpson profile, LinkedIn, accessed 20 August 2012
- Halpern Cowan, EugeneStickney.com, accessed 22 August 2012
- Contact, EugeneStickney.com, accessed 22 August 2012