Small Wars Journal
The Small Wars Journal (SWJ) is an online magazine focusing on intra-state conflict created in 2005. Aside from its online magazine, SWJ hosts an accompanying blog and the Small Wars Council discussion board. Other site features include an online reference library, recommended reading and event listings. The magazine is published by the Small Wars Foundation, a Virginia based non-profit corporation.
The title refers to the 1940 United States Marine Corps Small Wars Manual, which used "small wars" as a catch-all term for unconventional and guerrilla warfare. the journal was created by former members of the Marines.
- Dave Dilegge Editor in Chief - content at large, news, and author relations.
- Bill Nagle Publisher - business and technical operations, partnerships.
- Peter Munson Editor - Journal articles.
- Robert Haddick - Columnist and author.
Between 2009 and 2013 the Small Wars Foundation received the following amounts from the conservative Smith Richardson Foundation according to IRS filings. These payments amounted to the main funding received by the Foundation in each year.
- Year - SRF payment - other income
- 2009 - $75,250 - $1,803
- 2010 - $150,500 - $11,215
- 2011 - $31,350 - $9,022
- 2012 - $75,000 - $13,463
- Address: Small Wars Foundation, 4938 Hampden Ln #560, Bethesda, MD 20814.
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: smallwarsjournal.com
- Twitter: @smallwars