Shale Gas Europe
Shale Gas Europe was an industry lobby group set up in 2012, dedicated to promoting the push for shale gas development in Europe.
It was run by lobbying firm FTI Consulting for some years but no longer appears to be operational, with its former website replaced by a three-page blog website dated May 2018.
One of the group's key purposes was to ensure that the commentary on shale gas was 'based on reliable information rather than hype and sensationalist misreporting'. It was awarded the 2015 Gold SABRE Award for Energy and Natural Resources Campaign of the Year.
- Marcus Pepperell - acted as spokesperson for the group, and is managing director in the FTI Strategic Communications practice. Based in Dubai. Headed the corporate communications team for the Middle East.
- Sophia Lyscom - listed as a media contact
- Statoil (renamed Equinor in 2018)
- Total Gas Shale Europe - a 100 per cent affiliate of Total SA
The secretariat of Shale Gas Europe was managed by FTI Consulting and had a dedicated spokesperson.
- Eversheds legal firm
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.