Sergeant O (Bloody Sunday)
Sergeant O was in command of one of two vehicles which led the Support Company's incursion into the Bogside:
- Many civilians were in the area of the Eden Place waste ground and the car park of the Rossville Flats when the vehicles of Support Company drove into the Bogside. On seeing the Army vehicles these people started to run away. Shortly before it stopped in the car park of the Rossville Flats the vehicle under the command of Sergeant O struck two people, Alana Burke and Thomas Harkin. This was not done deliberately.
The Saville Report goes on to state:
- Patrick McDaid and Pius McCarron were injured by debris sent flying by shots fired as they were attempting to run away from the south-eastern area of the Rossville Flats car park.
- Sergeant O Evidence, Bloody Sunday Inquiry.
- Transcript Day 335, Bloody Sunday Inquiry, 21 May 2003.
- Transcript Day 336, Bloody Sunday Inquiry, 22 May 2003.