"Selling wars" are propaganda campaigns which lay the groundwork for an attack against the enemy du jour. These propaganda campaigns aim to demonize the target country, stir fear in the home population because of the purported threat, and to suggest that there is no other alternative other than war (usually preceded by "no options off the table"), and finally it is meant to sideline and trivialize dissident view opposing an impending war.
- Selling the US-instigated attack against Iraq in 1991
- Selling the US war of aggression against Iraq in 2003
- Selling a US-Israeli war against Iran
- Israeli Pretext to Attack Lebanon 2006
- Transnational Institute, Selling US Wars, (Accessed: 4 October 2007)