Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition
The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) advises Public Health England and other government agencies and departments on nutrition and health related issues.
The SACN advises on:
- Nutrient content of individual foods, and on diet as a whole including the definition of a balanced diet, and the nutritional status of people.
- Nutritional status of people in the UK and how it may be monitored.
- Nutritional issues which affect wider public health policy issues including conditions where nutritional status is one of a number of risk factors (eg cardiovascular disease, cancer, osteoporosis and/or obesity).
- Nutrition of vulnerable groups (eg infants and the elderly) and health inequality issues. 
- Professor Paul Haggarty - head of Nutrition and Epigenetics and senior lecturer at Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health at the University of Aberdeen
- Professor Timothy Key - Deputy director of the Cancer Epidemiology Unit at the University of Oxford
- Dr David Mela - Science leader at Unilever R&D Vlaardingen (the research centre for Unilever's foods brands) in the Netherlands
- Professor Ian Macdonald - Professor of Metabolic Physiology at the University of Nottingham and director of research in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Dr Stella Walsh - Consumer representative
- Dr Anthony Williams - Consultant in Neonatal Paediatrics at St George’s University of London
- Professor Hilary Powers - Professor of Nutritional Biochemistry, head of Human Nutrition Unit and deputy head of the Department of Oncology at the University of Sheffield
- Professor Angus Walls - Professor of Restorative Dentistry and director of the Edinburgh Dental Institute
- Professor Susan Lanham-New - Head of the Nutritional Sciences Division at the University of Surrey
- Professor Julie Lovegrove - Professor of Human Nutrition, head of the Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition and deputy director of the Institute for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research at the University of Reading
- Professor Ian Young - Professor of Medicine and director of the Centre for Public Health at Queen’s University Belfast
- Professor Harry McArdle - Deputy director of science and the director of academic affairs at the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health at the University of Aberdeen
- Gill Fine - Public health nutritionist
- Professor Monique Raats - Director of the Food, Consumer Behaviour and Health Research Centre at the University of Surrey
- Gemma Paramor - lay representative 
Record and controversies
Background of conflicts
(SECTION CAN BE LEFT OUT IF IRRELEVANT) INTRODUCTORY INFORMATION ABOUT CONFLICTS
Conflicts of interest
(SECTION CAN BE LEFT OUT IF IRRELEVANT) TEXT HERE