Servizio per le Informazioni e la Sicurezza Militare
The Servizio per le Informazioni e la Sicurezza Militare] (SISMI) was a former Italian military intelligence agency.
Niger uranium forgeries
Operatives close to SISMI were involved in handling the Yellowcake forgeries that helped make the case for the US invasion of Iraq.
- General Giuseppe Santovito 1978-1981
- General Nino Lugaresi 1981-1984
- Admiral Fulvio Martini 1984-1991
- General Sergio Luccarini 1991
- General Luigi Ramponi 1991-1992
- General Cesare Pucci 1992-1993
- Sergio Siracusa
- Gianfranco Battelli
- Nicolo Pollari 2001-2006
- Bruno Branciforte 2006-2007.
Consultants and contacts
- SISMI, accessed 22 April 2008.
- Brief historical outline, sicurezzanazionale.gov.it, accessed 16 June 2013.
- The War They Wanted, The Lies They Needed, by Craig Unger, Vanity Fair, July 2006.
- Daniele Ganser, NATO's Secret Armies: Operation Gladio and Terrorism in Western Europe, Frank Cass, 2005, p.272.
- Leo Sisti, Anatomy of a rendition, Center for Public Integrity, 24 May 2007.
- Peter Kiefer, Top spy in Italy loses his job, New York Times, 20 November 2006.