Bensoussan's previous business experience includes being a director at fashion brands Charles Jourdan; Sonia Rykiel; Escada Group; Christian Lacroix (subsidiary of LVMH); chief executive of Gianfranco Ferrè; and on the board of perfume company Interparfums Inc.
Support for the Conservative Party
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Bensoussan was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
- French Chambers of Commerce Robert Bensoussan, accessed 1 April 2015.
- Stirling Square Stirling Square Capital Partners and Sirius Equity announce the acquisition of Jeckerson, the Italian premium sportswear brand, for €140m, May 2008, accessed 1 April 2015.
- Fashion United Robert Bensoussan takes over as CEO of L.K.Bennett, 24 February 2014, accessed 1 April 2015.
- L.K. Bennett House of L.K. Bennett, accessed 1 April 2015.
- Robert Winnett and Andrew Porter General Election 2010: 30 more business leaders back Tories on National Insurance Telegraph, 7 April 2010, accessed 8 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 1 April 2015.