Political Warfare Timeline 1954
Notes towards a chronology of the modern history of covert action with particular reference to the role of the Lovestoneite movement.
- Cord Meyer replaces Tom Braden as head of the CIA's International Organizations Division
- Michael Josselson terminates assistance to American Congress for Cultural Freedom.
- Brian Crozier begins working for The Economist's Foreign Report, partly on the strength of the relationship he established in Vietnam with an MI6 officer referred to by the pseudonym "Ronald Lincoln".
- Frances Stonor Saunders, Who Paid the Piper: The CIA and the Cultural Cold War, Granta, 2000, p.234.
- Brian Crozier, Free Agent: The Unseen War 1941-1991, Harper Collins, 1993, p.20.