Political Warfare Timeline 1953
Notes towards a chronology of the modern history of covert action with particular reference to the role of the Lovestoneite movement.
- Leo Cherne becomes official chair of International Rescue Committee
- 20 Eisenhower inauguration
- CD Jackson becomes white House advsor for Special Operations
- 4 Dulles rebuffed at National Security Council by Eisenhower over Iranian threat.
- 18 Dulles gives Kermit Roosevelt and Monty Woodhouse initial approval for Iranian coup.
- 17 – Riots in East Berlin.
- Cherne meets Ernst Reuter in West Berlin during uprising in the east.
- Operations Co-ordinating Board established.
- Cherne and Richard Salzmann travel to West Berlin to assess situation. Meet CD Jackson on their return.
- 9 Dulles approves Operation Success in Cuba.