Paulo Casaca, is a Portuguese Socialist member of the European Parliament, a founding member and co-president of the Friends of a Free Iran and a founding member of European Friends of Israel and a member of the International Lebanese Committee for the Implementation of UNSCR 1559. He is also the author of ‘The Hidden Invasion of Iraq’.
In November 2008 he participated at a gathering of pro-Israel European parliamentarians sponsored by the European Friends of Israel that targetted UNRWA, the UN refugee aid agency. The conference, which also included two Israeli members of Knesset, was organized by Israel Allies Caucus Foundation, the international arm of the Knesset's Christian Allies Caucus. Speaking at the event, Casca dispensed with causes and focused on the alleged 'misuse' of the refugees by 'those who are dealing in the industry of hate' and keeping refugees on 'a hate-machine'. It is unclear whether he counts UNRWA a part of this industry.
- Friends of a Free Iran - a founding member and co-president
- European Friends of Israel - founding member
- International Lebanese Committee for the Implementation of UNSCR 1559 - member
- Website: http://www.paulocasaca.net/
- Tel (Brussels): (0032) 474 813 815
- Tel (Portugal): (00 351) 966 311 989
- Etgar Lefkovits, EU MPs urged to rethink refugee issue, Jerusalem Post, 10 November 2008