Orbit Communications is an Edinburgh-based PR and lobbying firm.
Lobbying: Orbit describes 'public affairs' (aka lobbying), as 'ensuring your message is heard and acted upon in the corridors of power.'
It claims to have an 'in-depth knowledge of the Scottish, UK and European political systems' which helps its clients communicate with politicians in Holyrood, Westminster and Brussels. 'We equip you with the skills and information you need to put forward your case and influence the legislative process, through meetings with politicians and civil servants, committee hearings, briefings, policy publications and themed events.'
- Alex Orr, MD of Orbit.
- Alex Bruce, director
- Graeme Downie, previously Communications Manager, Scotland and Northern Ireland of NESTA; and before that at Grayling.
Orbit does not sign up to the voluntary transparency registers operated by the lobbying industry, which would require it to declare its lobbying clients. Its website lists some clients and features a selection of 'case studies' of client work . These include (as of August 2015):
- Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation
- Taylor Wimpey
- British Council
- Scottish Building Federation, 'Cut the VAT' campaign.
- Burcote Wind
- Address: 2 Walker Street, Edinburgh EH3 7LB
- Website: http://www.orbit-comms.co.uk