Nick Wheeler is the founder of Charles Tyrwhitt shirts.
Support for the Conservative Party
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Wheeler was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
The Guardian reported:
- '[Wheeler] Invested in the same Icebreaker tax avoidance scheme as Gary Barlow. Wheeler said: "In accordance with the relevant tax laws, I have paid tax on my share ... and claimed tax relief on any trading issues.”'
- Charles Tyrwhitt About us, accessed 7 April 2015.
- Robert Winnett and Andrew Porter General Election 2010: 30 more business leaders back Tories on National Insurance Telegraph, 7 April 2010, accessed 8 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 7 April 2015.
- The Tory 100: captains of industry, party donors (and a few tax avoiders) Guardian, 1 April 2015, accessed 7 April 2015.
- Virgin Entrepreneur interview - Charles Tyrwhitt founder Nick Wheeler, accessed 7 April 2015.