Nick Griffin (born 01 March 1959, Barnet) was Chairman of the British National Party from 1999-2014 and an MEP for North West England from 2009-2014. He was replaced as Chairman of the BNP by Adam Walker in July 2014 and lost his MEP seat in May 2014, receiving less than 2% of votes cast in the North West at the European election. Griffin was expelled from the BNP in October 2014 after being accused of trying to "destabilise" the party and "harassing" party members.
- Member, Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Member, Delegation for relations with Belarus
- Member, Delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly
- Substitute, Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- Substitute, Delegation for relations with Switzerland, Iceland and Norway and to the European Economic Area (EEA) Joint Parliamentary Committee
Record and Controversies
Declaration of Financial Interests
- Salaried employee of British National Party until Election 4th June 2009. Paid until end of same month but not thereafter.
Record of Parliamentary Votes
- Law degree, MA (Hons.), Cantab.
- Elected leader of the British National Party (1999- ).
- Parlement européen
- Bât. Altiero Spinelli
- 60, rue Wiertz / Wiertzstraat 60
- B-1047 Bruxelles/Brussel
- +32 (0)2 28 45772
- +32 (0)2 28 49772
- nick.griffin AT europarl.europa.eu
- European Parliament, Declaration of Members' Financial Interests: Nick Griffin, 16 June 2009, accessed 03 November 2009.
- European Parliament, MEP Directory: Nick Griffin, accessed 03 November 2009.
- European Parliament, MEP Directory: Nick Griffin, accessed 17 November 2010.
- ↑ Cahal Milmo, 'Nick Griffin quits as BNP leader: Banned schoolteacher Adam Walker appointed as chairman as party founders', The Independent, 21 July 2014.
- ↑ Camilla Turner, 'BNP leader Nick Griffin loses seat as MEP', The Telegraph, 26 May 2014.
- ↑ 'Nick Griffin expelled by BNP', BBC, 2 October 2014.
- ↑ European Parliament, Declaration of Members' Financial Interests: Nick Griffin, 16 June 2009, accessed 03 November 2009.