New Deal Task Force
The New Deal Task Force changed its name to the National Employment Panel in 2001.
Members appointed in 1997
The full membership of the Task Force is:
Sir Peter Davis (Group Chief Executive, Prudential)
Mr Shami Ahmed (Joe Bloggs Jeans Ltd) Christopher Haskins (Chairman, Northern Foods plc) Ian McAllister (Chairman, Ford UK) Stephanie Monk (Group Human Resources Director, Granada Group plc.) John Roberts CBE, (Chief Executive, The Post Office and member of TEC Assessors Committee) Michael Wemms (Managing Director, Operations, Tesco plc) Rodney Bickerstaffe (General Secretary, Unison) Bill Morris (General Secretary, TGWU) Sir John Harman (Leader of Kirklees Metropolitan Council) Jenny Shackleton (Principal, Wirral Metropolitan College) Helen Edwards (Chief Executive, NACRO) Tom Shebbeare (Director, Prince's Trust) Dr Alison Millward (Chair, Groundwork Black Country) Victor Adebowale (Chief Executive, Centrepoint)
The chairmen of the separate Taskforces for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will be ex-officio members of the New Deal Taskforce.
Chairmen of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland Taskforces:
Members appointed 1999
- Amelia Fawcett, Managing Director of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
- Tom Flood, Chief Executive of BTCV
- George Sweeney, Principal of Knowsley Community College.
- The Advisory Group to the New Deal Task Force has been appointed for two years initially with a review in May 1999. All posts are unpaid although members will be reimbursed for expenses incurred in attending meetings of the Advisory Group and carrying out other work in support of the Task Force's remit.
The members of the Advisory Group are: John Bright (Director of Field Operations, Crime Concern Trust Ltd) Rita Britton (Director, Pollyanna (Barnsley) Ltd) Christine Carling (Director of National Association of Councils for Voluntary Service) Paul Convery (Director of the Unemployment Unit, and the Training and Enterprise Network) Andrea Cook (Director of National Energy Action) Jeremy Crook (Director of Black Training and Enterprise Group) John Davidson (formerly Chief Executive Groundwork Trust) Annmarie Dixon-Barrow (Programme Director, Project Fullemploy) David Eade (Principal of Barnsley College) Stuart Etherington (Chief Executive of National Council for Voluntary Organisations) Dan Finn (School of Social and Historical Studies, University of Portsmouth) Carolyn Hayman (Chief Executive of Foyer Federation for Youth) Chris Humphries (Chief Executive of TEC National Council) Amanda Jordan (Senior Executive, Public and Community Affairs, NatWest Group) Prof. Richard Layard (Centre for Economic Performance, London School of Economics) Bert Massie (Director, Royal Association for Disability And Rehabilitation) Samantha Peters (General Secretary of British Youth Council) Iain Roxburgh (Chief Executive of Coventry City Council) Judith Rutherford (Director of London TEC Council) Alan Sinclair (Chief Executive, Wise Group) Michael Ward (Director for the Centre for Local Economic Strategies) Howard Williamson (School of Social and Administrative Studies, Cardiff University) Chris Woodcock (Head of Corporate Affairs, Kellogg's) Shelagh Woolliscroft (General Secretary of Careers Services National Association)
- ^Department For Education And Employment 'New Deal Forges Ahead As Task Force Membership Announced' Hermes Database, July 14, 1997.
- ^UK GOVERNMENT 'Three new members appointed to the New Deal Task Force' M2 PRESSWIRE, December 7, 1999
- ^ DEPT FOR EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT 'A Smith announces membership of New Deal Task Force Advisory Group' M2 PRESSWIRE, August 26, 1997.