Tokio Marine Holdings
Known as Millea Holdings until 2008, Tokio Marine Holdings was established in April 2002. It is a leading global insurance holding company with interests throughout the world. Tokio Marine Holdings is a Fortune 500 company.
Tokio Marine Holdings is a holding company for subsidiaries engaged in the core life and non-life insurance businesses and in associated business activities in different parts of the world. The main subsidiaries are:
- Domestic non-life insurance business:
- Tokio Marine & Nichido
- Nishin Fire
- Tokio Marine Millea SAST
- Domestic life insurance business:
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Life
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Financial Life
- International insurance business:
- Financial and other general business:
- Tokio Marine Asset Management
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Anshin Consulting
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Career Service
- Tokio Marine Nichido Samuel
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Facilities
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Medical Service
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Risk Consulting
- Tokio Marine Business Support
- Tokio Marine Property Investment Management
- Millea Mondial
Millea Holdings' main activity is management of its subsidiaries as an insurance holding company.
In fiscal 2006 the total value assets held by Millea Holdings was Yen 15,516,117 million.
Record and Controversies
- Minoru Makihara, a board member of Tokio Marine Holdings Inc., is a Member of the Senior Advisory Group to the Minister of Finance of Japan.
- Bloomberg Businessweek, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO, accessed 01 February 2011.
- MapsofWorld, Finance > Millea Holdings, accessed 01 February 2011.
- Tokio Marine Holdings, Group List, accessed 01 February 2011.</ref>