Matt Moulding is the CEO of The Hut Group.
Moulding founded The Hut Group in 2004, and, according to it's website, it is now one of Europe's largest online retailers with sales approaching £200 million.
Moulding is a qualified chartered accountant, having qualified with Arthur Andersen, spent eight years as the chief financial officer of 20:20 and spent time in the distribution division of the Caudwell Group.
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Moulding was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
In 2012 the Guardian reported that Hut was shipping products from the US to circumvent VAT regulations.
In October 2014 Cend Limited donated £50,000.00 to the Conservative Party. Cend use Myprotein as a trading name, a company The Hut Group bought in 2011. The figure donated also puts Moudling in the Leader's Group - a donors club that allows donors exclusive access to senior Conservative figures at dinners, post-PMQ lunches, drinks receptions, election result events and important campaign launches.
- The Hut Group Matthew Moulding, accessed 3 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 3 April 2015.
- The Tory 100: captains of industry, party donors (and a few tax avoiders) Guardian, 1 April 2015, accessed 3 April 2015.
- Electoral Commission Donation Search: Cend, accessed 29 April 2015.
- Myprotein About us, accessed 29 April 2015.
- James Thompson The Hut devours Myprotein.com Independent, 2 June 2011, accessed 29 April 2015.