The Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider.
Provides banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services.
Metals and energy capital
Macquarie provides financing, equity capital and price risk management to producers and consumers of metals (including precious and base metals), bulk commodities (coal, iron ore, industrial minerals and uranium) and upstream oil and gas.
- Macquarie Capital. Advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring.
- Macquarie Group Foundation Macquarie Group's philanthropic arm and 'one of Australia's oldest and largest corporate benefactors', providing support across health care and research, education, the arts, welfare and the environment.
- An Associate Member of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Unconventional Oil and Gas
- Steve McCool, associate director of corporate communications and investor relations at Macquarie Group, previously partner and head of UK business at lobbying firm Hume Brophy. 
Data released in June 2014 in response to a Freedom of Information request showed that employees from Macquarie Bank Ltd were seconded to the UK Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS), however the number of secondees was withheld for Macquarie and 26 other large organisations. 
Lobbying firms retained
- Steve McCool Linkedin, accessed 19 October 2014
- FOI Release Information released under the Freedom of Information Act, Inward Secondments within BIS, Date of release: 17 June 2014
- Register for 1st December 2012 - 28th February 2013 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015
- Australian Government Lobbyists Register, last updated on 04 Feb, 2013. Business Entity Name: Hawker Britton Group Pty Ltd, A.B.N: 79109681405, Trading Name: Hawker Britton