David Alliance (born 15 June 1932 in Kashan, Iran) was the founder of the textile group Coats Viyella Plc. He stepped down as chairman of Coats in 1999. He is chairman of N Brown Group Plc.
He became a Liberal Democrat Peer as Lord Alliance in 2004.
Trustee of the Israel based think tank, the Institute for National Security Studies in 2012 | Trustee, founder and donor to the Next Century Foundation for Peace which has sponsored dialogue with Hamas | One of the 'British friends' of the Israel Center for Social and Economic Progress | Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel, donor | Director, Alliance Family Foundation Limited | Member, Advisory Board, Community Security Trust | Director, Weizmann Institute Foundation | Member, Board of Governors, Tel Aviv University
- N Brown Group plc (retailing through direct home shopping; fulfilment and financial services)
- Dane Properties Limited (property investment company)
- Caspet Securities Inc (investing in gold exploration)
- Affirmative Finance Limited (money lending)
- IDenta Corp (US OTC market company based in Israel, supplying testing kits for drugs and explosives internationally)
- Huntsworth plc (international public relations)
- Tuxedo Money Solutions Ltd (provider of pre-paid cards as alternative to debit/credit cards)
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Lloyds TSB
- SPDR Gold Trust
- Bank of America
- Vedanta (mining)
- Persimmon (house building)
- Lupus Capital plc (industrial assets)
- Tau Capital plc (investment in Kazakhstan)
- Bank of Ireland
- Vallar plc (international mining)
- Hatehof (Israeli-based rescue vehicles)
- Metail Limited (3D and digitalised marketing services)
- Anglo-Eastern Trust Limited (financial services & investment; Dubai subsidiaries engaged in telecommunications)
- Mazrek Limited (Israel-based R&D company, specialising in fuel injection systems for diesel engines)
- ↑ Lord Alliance, libdems.org.uk, accessed 4 January 2011.
- ↑ Lord Alliance, parliament.uk, accessed 4 January 2011.
- ↑ Institute for National Security Studies Board of Trustees Accessed 29 July 2012
- ↑ 'Organization', ICSEP website
- ↑ David Cronin Is UK "friends of Israel" group breaking law on political funding?, Electronic Intifada, 12/19/2011 - 20:23, accessed 31 August 2012
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Parliament UK Lord Alliance, accessed 31 August 2012