Leon Saltiel is currently (2006) a Senior Fellow at UN Watch, an American Jewish Committee instigated and organized Geneva-based UN monitoring and lobbying group. Saltiel received a Master of Science Degree in Foreign Policy and Security from the School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University. Leon Saltiel is originally from Thessalonica, Greece, and he is the nephew of David Saltiel (President of the Jewish Community of Thessaloniki) .
Previous appointments or activities
- Project Interchange which "brought a series of high-level officials from Europe to Israel for weeklong educational seminars". Saltiel was one of the staffers during June 2006. 
- UN Watch representative at the ITU World Summit on the Information Society, Tunis 2005. 
- Participant as representative of the European Union of Jewish Students to the OSCE Conference in Cordoba, Spain, as part of "the World Jewish Congress’ precedent setting Young Adult Delegation".
- Editorial Committee of the Newsletter of the Jewish Community of Thessaloniki 
- Project Co-ordinator, Center for Democracy and Reconciliation in Southeast Europe, Thessaloniki
- Center for Democracy and Reconciliation in Southeast Europe (CDRSEE) NB: at least the internet forum of this organization "... is sponsored by the US Government via USAID." 
- Intern at the Western Policy Center during the spring 2001 semester.
- Organized a forum on the Middle East at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP), April 2000 
- In the Jewish Student Newspaper Forum, Saltiel distributed information on:
- HASBARA FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAM
The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in conjunction with the Jerusalem Fellowships of Aish HaTorah, is now accepting applications from Jewish university students in North America for a leadership seminar in Israel... 
- HASBARA FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAM
- AJC Fellows Program fellowship which involved working as an intern focusing on international issues at American Jewish Committee's Washington Office (2000)
- Recipient of the Joyce and Irving Goldman Family Foundation's two year fellowship. 
- Fulbright fellow, 1999
- Geneva Intern Network – member
In October 2007, Leon Saltiel presented UN Watch's position on the repression in Burma.
References, Resources and Contact
- Leon Saltiel, "Pipelines for Peace: Energy Cooperation Between Greece and Turkey", 21 March 2001, Western Policy Center.
- Leon Saltiel, How to Fight Incitement to Genocide, UN Watch, 2 March 2006.
- Nir Boms and Leon Saltiel, The Lebanese Test FrontPageMagazine.com, 7 September 2006. (Looking at the bright side of the war against Lebanon – dragging Europe to guarantee Israeli "security". Never mind the Israeli genocidal policies and actions in the region.)
- Leon Saltiel, EU must speak out on human rights, EuropeanVoice, 30 Nov 2006. (Noitice that Saltiel is merely identified as a "political analyst in Geneva" – a proper description would include reference to UN Watch.)