Kenneth Timmerman describes himself as an 'investigative reporter, NYT best-selling author and witness to the persecuted church'.
Timmerman 'has spent his career investigating the dark side of national security'.
- Over the past three decades he has interviewed dissidents behind the Iron Curtain, covered numerous Middle East wars, interviewed suicide bombers, debriefed defectors from Iranian intelligence organizatons, and covered the plight of Christians persecuted for their faith.
- His latest book, Dark Forces: the Truth About What Happened in Benghazi, rips apart the spin and the lies surrounding the September 11, 2012 attacks that cost the lives of four brave Americans. "If you want to know what the Obama Administration does not want you to know about Benghazi, then Dark Forces is a must read," writes Richard F. (Dick) Brauer Jr., Col. USAF (Ret), Founder, Special Operations Speaks.
- Kenneth R. Timmerman,Dark Forces: The Truth About What Happened in Benghazi (Broadside Books/HarperCollins, June 2014)
- Kenneth R. Timmerman, Preachers of Hate: Islam and the War on America (Crown Forum, October 2003 ISBN: 9781400053735)
- Kenneth R. Timmerman, The Death Lobby: How the West Armed Iraq (Houghton Mifflin, 1991)
- St. Peter's Bones (Cassiopeia Press, Jan. 2011)
- Shadow Warriors: Traitors, Saboteurs, and the Party of Surrender (Crown Forum, Nov. 2007)
- Honor Killing (Cassiopeia Press, Aug. 2007)
- Countdown to Crisis: The Coming Nuclear Showdown With Iran (Crown Forum, June 2005)
- The French Betrayal of America (Crown Forum, March 2004)
- 2012 Defender of Israel award from Christians’ Israel Public Action Campaign
- 2011: International Community Service award from the Hope for Tomorrow Foundation for work on Iran;
- 2011: Reed Irvine Investigative Reporting award from Accuracy in Media for lifetime achievement.
- 2006: Nominated for Nobel Peace prize by former deputy prime minister of Sweden, Per Ahlmark.
- 2004: US Business and Industry Council Education Foundation National Security award
- 2003: Media fellowship, Hoover Institution
- 1987: Certosa di Padua “Joe Petrosino” award for investigative reporting.
- American Congress for Truth
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs
- Foundation for Democracy in Iran (FDI) - co-founder