Not to be confused with the Ulster Unionist politican John Taylor or Scottish lobbyist, John Taylor.
John Derek Taylor, Baron Taylor of Holbeach, CBE (born 12 November 1943) is a British Conservative politician and Lord in Waiting. In the Conservative/LibDem government elected in 2010 he was appointed Conservative Environment, Food and Rural Affairs spokesperson in the Lords; Government Spokesperson, Cabinet Office and Departments of Communities and Local Government and Energy and Climate Change; and Government Whip. In August 2014, he was appointed as Government Chief Whip in the Lords. 
Contested Chesterfield February and October 1974 general elections
Opposition Whip 2006-10; Opposition Spokesperson for: Environment 2006-07, Wales 2006-07, Work and Pensions 2006-10, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs 2007-10; Government Whip 2010-11; Government Spokesperson for: Cabinet Office 2010-11, Energy and Climate Change 2010-11, Work and Pensions 2010-11; Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State and Government Spokesperson, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs 2011-
Member, Executive Committee, East Midlands Conservative Council 1966-98; Chair, Candidates Committee 1997-98, 2002-05; Member, Conservative Board of: Finance 1985-89, Management 1996-98, 2000-03; President and Conservative Conference Chair 1997-98; Deputy chair, Conservative Party 2000-03; Chair: National Conservative Convention 2000-03, Conservatives Abroad 2001-09, Conservative Agents Superannuation Fund 2006-10
Councils, public bodies
Member: EC Working Party on European Bulb Industry 1982, NFU Bulb sub-committee 1982-87, Horticulture Development Council 1986-91, Minister of Agriculture's Regional Panel: Eastern Region 1990-92, East Midlands Region 1992-96, Lincoln Diocesan Assets Committee 1995-2001, 2004-
Agriculture and horticulture, environment, energy, waste, freight, democracy and political parties
Countries of interest
France, The Netherlands, Slovenia
Name, style and title
Raised to the peerage as Baron Taylor of Holbeach, of South Holland in the County of Lincolnshire 2006
- National Farmers Union - member as at July 2010
- Chemistry Club - speaker 
- Vice-Chair - UK-Bahrain All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Azerbaijan - Vice-chair 
- All-Party Parliamentary Channel Islands Group- Vice-chair
- United Kingdom Overseas Territories All-Party Parliamentary Group - Vice-chair
- Address: Westminster, House of Lords, London, SW1A 0PW
- Phone: 020 7219 4051
- Email: email@example.com
- Her Majesty's Government, No 10 website, acc 2 Jul 2010
- Lord Taylor of Holbeach, NFU website, acc 2 July 2010
- Lord Taylor of Holbeach, DODS online, acc 2 Jul 2010
- Ministerial appointments: August 2014, Prime Minister's Office, 6 August 2014.
- 'Lord Taylor of Holbeach', UK Parliament Website.
- Hansard 4 Feb 2010 : Column 299, UK Parliament website, acc 2 Jul 2010
- Leo Hickman and James Ball, 'Companies paid £1,800 to meet ministers at networking events', The Guardian, 24 January 2012.
- Azerbaijan APPG Register, parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015
- Channel Islands APPG,www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 November 2015
- Overseas territories APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 February 2016