John Robertson (Nuclear consultant)
John Robertson is a freelance nuclear safety consultant, currently working for BAE Systems since 2007 in Derby and Barrow-in-Furness in the UK. He has previously worked for Atkins Defence, Babcock Marine and Rolls-Royce Marine Power. 
- Chartered engineer with a career, in the nuclear industry, spanning more than twenty years; proven ability in a variety of demanding roles and positions of responsibility supporting Civil and Royal Navy programmes. In depth knowledge of all the phases of the project life cycle necessary to delivery turnkey solutions against challenging client specifications. Specific experience of project management, design, commissioning and deployment of refuelling equipment, mechanical handling plant and complex special purpose machines and manipulators. An ambitious individual with a successful track record of providing expert advice and support to a number of the premier companies in the nuclear sector both here in the UK and overseas. Currently represent the Design Authority for nuclear safety, responsible for reactor plant safety case delivery and assurance for submarines in build. Liaison with MoD’s Naval Reactor Plant Authorisee and their Independent Nuclear Safety Assessor to facilitate acceptance of safety case submissions in a timely manner to allow the release of key hold points in the build programme.
At BAE, Robertson's work has included:
- Author and Peer Review of Safety Case Documentation in the Nuclear Safety Function. Resolution of INSA actions and project generated Outstanding Issues to the point where formal approval by the MoD’s licensee is achieved. 
- Rolls Royce Marine, Plymouth, UK.
- Babcock Marine, Devonport, UK (Worked there from January 2000 – February 2004)
- Rolls-Royce Marine Power, Senior Development Engineer 
- John Robertson, LinkedIn profile, acc 24 Sept 2013