Hemming owns software solutions firm JHC (John Hemming & Co) LLP, which made a profit of £195,661 from 2013-2014, as well as John Hemming Trading, which made a profit of £20,025 in the same year. The significant earnings that Hemming is making outside of his parliamentary role has come under increasing scrutiny. In response he offered to take a pay cut from his parliamentary salary – if he was to be allowed to continue with his lucrative second job outside Parliament according to the Birmingham Post. 
All Party Parliamentary Groups
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Funerals and Bereavement
- Former member of All-Party Parliamentary Group for European Reform
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Water Safety and Drowning Prevention, member 
- TheyWorkForYou website, accessed 4 August 2010.
- BBC News Birmingham Yardley, accessed 15 May 2015.
- Jonathan Walker Birmingham MP John Hemming offers to take pay cut - if he can keep his other jobs Birmingham Post, 21 July 2013, accessed 18 March 2015
- APPG Register, ParliamentUK website, accessed 4 August 2010
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Funerals and Bereavement, Register of All-Party Groups (As at 30 July 2010), accessed 4 August 2010
- 'Water and Safety and Drowning Prevention Register',parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015