Professor of History at the University of Maryland.
Professor Herf is the author of a number of book, including War by Other Means: Soviet Power, West German Resistance and the Battle of Euromissiles.
- NATO's decision to deploy nuclear weapons - the Euromissiles - in Western Europe in 1983 met fierce opposition from the European left. This book argues that many of the left-wing organizations in West Germany were motivated by Soviet propaganda, and that Kohl's success in having the missiles deployed was an important victory over the Soviets and their supporters, and confirmed the link between West German democrats and the the democratic regime of the USA and Western Europe.
- Social Democrats USA - conference speaker
- Euston Manifesto
- Euston Manifesto United States
- Jeffrey Herf, accessed 25 April 2008.
- War by Other Means: Soviet Power, West German Resistance and the Battle of Euromissiles, Jeffrey Herf, Books, amazon.co.uk, accessed 25 April 2008.