James A. Johnson
Johnson holds a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Minnesota and a Master's in Public Policy from the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University. 
Johnson served as Vice Chairman (1990), Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (1991-1998), and Chairman of the Executive Committee (1999) of Fannie Mae, before joining Perseus in 2001.
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts - former chairman.
- Brookings Institution - former chairman.
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - director.
- Target Corporation - director.
- Forestar Real Estate Group - director.
- Council on Foreign Relations
- National Museum of African American History - council member.
- Harvard Kennedy School - visiting committee member.
- Bilderberg - Steering Committee member.
- Carol D. Leonnig, Another Obama fundraiser is investor in car company that won federal loan, Washington Post, 28 October 2011.