Invest Africa is a 'private investment club' for business leaders, investors and entrepreneurs to gain an insight into Africa and its opportunities.
Founded in 2013, the firm claim to have the vision 'to be a global private members club with a multi-service platform for access and investment into Africa'. They state their mission to be 'the link between capital and expertise into Africa, and information and opportunity out of Africa'.
Membership is by invitation only, capped by chapter city and by a limited number of international members.
- Rob Hersov, founder and chairman. South African businessman, living in London and is currently managing partner of Sapinda UK, chairman of the Vistajet advisory board, chairman of Adoreum Partners. His grandfather founded AngloVaal, one of Southern Africa's largest mining and industrial companies, which his father Basil Hersov ran for nearly thirty years.
- Bob Diamond, co-chairman and president of the New York chapter. Founder and CEO of Atlas Merchant Capital and former chief executive of Barclays Plc.
- Ashish J Thakkar, president of Dubai Chapter. Founder of Mara Group and Mara Foundation.
- Mark Simmonds, chairman to the advisory board. Conservative MP from 2001 to 2015, former shadow minister for health, education, foreign and commonwealth affairs and international development and parliamentary under-secretary foreign and commonwealth office. Resigned from parliament saying he could not live on his wage of £89,000.
- Invest Africa About us, accessed 18 May.
- Invest Africa Membership, accessed 18 May 2015.
- Invest Africa Leadership, accessed 18 May 2015.
- The Global African Investment Summit Robert Hersov, accessed 18 May 2015.
- Gov.UK ACOBA approval letter: Mark Simmonds, Chairman of Advisory Board, Invest Africa, 23 November 2014, accessed 18 May 2015.