The Hampden Trust is a UK charity (No. 800633) which says it is involved in 'promoting knowledge of citizens' rights, liberties and duties.' It was created by a declaration of Trust in December 1988 and registered with the Charity commission on 13 January 1989.
Although it is a registered charity, it appears to have no website. It lists the domain http://www.hampdentrust.org with the Chartiy Commission but this site appears not to be active in November 2010. The Trust does have a few pages hosted on the website the Freedom Association. Additional connections with the Freedom Association include the fact that the Trustees are Professor David Marsland, the' Hon. Secretary of The Freedom Association', Tony Hilder and the Hon. Treasurer of The Freedom Association, Nigel Axelrad ACA (ex-officio).
The Trust states that its purpose is as follows:
- The object of the charity is the promotion and dissemination of knowledge and understanding amongst the general public of the rights, liberties and duties of all citizens and public servants by:
- a). The promotion of research in to social and other allied fields of study with particular reference to such rights, liberties and duties.
- b). The publication or the procuring of publication of the results of such research by means of pamphlets, films, lectures and all other suitable media.
The Trust supported 'Climate Week' at the University of York, which was held from 26 to 30 October 2009 as well as 'The Freedom Zone, on the Conservative Party Conference Fringe, in Manchester on 5 and 6 October.' 
In 2008 the Trust received a grant of £5,000 from the right wing Nigel Vinson Charitable Trust.
- THE TWILIGHT OF OUR INSTITUTIONS by The Reverend Dr. Peter Mullen Available from The Hampden Trust, PO Box 3394, Faringdon Oxfordshire SN7 7FN Price: £3.00 including UK postage and packing.
PREVIOUS PUBLICATIONS (CURRENTLY OUT OF PRINT)
- Local government versus the police: The rise and fall of police monitoring in Britain, by D. E. Regan, ISBN 0951611518, paperback, 1991.
- Misreporting Racial Attacks, 1995.
- BSE: A Disaster of Biblical Proportions or a Disaster of British Science, byJanie Axelrad ISBN 0950363219, 1999.
- Charity Commission 800633 - THE HAMPDEN TRUST
The Trust gives the following address on its webpage: The Hampden Trust, PO Box 3394, Faringdon Oxfordshire SN7 7FN The registered address for the Trust with the Charity Commissions is:
- THE HAMPDEN TRUST
- RICHWOOD HOUSE
- 1 TRINITY SCHOOL LANE
- GL52 2JL
- The Freedom Association, About the Hampden Trust, accessed 18 November 2010
- Charity commission Charity framework, accessed 18 November 2010
- Hampden Trust climate change: Hampden Trust supports climate debate at University of York July 27, 2009, Accessed 18 November 2010
- Charity Commission Contact and Trustees, accessed 18 November 2010
- The Freedom Association, Publications, accessed 18 November 2010