GEDI Gruppo Editoriale S.p.A.
GEDI Gruppo Editoriale S.p.A. (formerly known as Gruppo Editoriale L’Espresso) is an Italian media conglomerate.
It is ultimately controlled by the De Benedetti family through their 100% ownership of La COFIDE - Gruppo De Benedetti S.pA a financial holding company which belongs to the three children of Carlo De Benedetti , Rodolfo, Marco and Edoardo. COFIDE is the controlling shareholder of CIR Group, one of the leading Italian industrial groups operating in the media, auto components and healthcare sectors.
The most important investment of Cofide is CIR , a second holding company that controls with 43.4% GEDI Gruppo Editoriale (publisher of La Repubblica newspapers , La Stampa , Il Secolo XIX , several local newspapers and the weekly L'Espresso ), with 57.1% SOGEFI (automotive components) and 59.5% KOS (health). COFIDE was founded by Carlo De Benedetti in 1976. In 2012 his son Rodolfo De Benedetti was appointed executive president.
On 2 March 2016 , L'Espresso Group announced the incorporation of Italiana Editrice (a company that published the newspapers La Stampa and Il Secolo XIX ); the merger resulted in the largest Italian publishing company in the newspaper sector.
- 50,000 to 100,000 copies: Il Tirreno, La Nuova Sardegna, Messaggero Veneto - Giornale del Friuli, Alto Adige
- 20,000 to 50,000 copies: Il Piccolo, Gazzetta di Mantova, Il Mattino di Padova, La Provincia Pavese, Il Centro
- 10,000 to 20,000 copies: La Tribuna di Treviso, Gazzetta di Reggio, La Sentinella del Canavese (twice a week), La Nuova Ferrara, Gazzetta di Modena, La Nuova Venezia
- Fewer than 10,000 copies: la Città
- National Geographic Italia (Italian edition of National Geographic Magazine)
- Le Scienze (Italian edition of Scientific American)
- Mente & Cervello
- Le Guide dell'Espresso