Sir Greg Knight is the Conservative Party member of Parliament (MP) for East Yorkshire, he became MP for this area in 2001. He was re-elected for the same seat in May 2005, May 2010, May 2015 and June 2017.
Stance on fracking
Knight's constituency includes 14 oil and gas licence blocks, awarded by the Oil and Gas Authority under its 14th licensing round in 2015. Ten of these licenses went to Cuadrilla, three to INEOS and one to Europa. There are plans for a total of 10 shale wells, five hrz frac wells and for 2D and 3D seismic surveying.  No applications are currently underway.
In response to the new licenses, Knight said:
- 'I think it would be highly improper if we were to develop any industry in the Wolds. I would hope the planning authority in due course takes into account this is an area of outstanding natural beauty. I would be very concerned if this was to proceed further.' 
Nevertheless, Knight failed to show up for a critical Westminster vote in December 2015 on the regulations on fracking in 'areas of outstanding natural beauty'.
In February 2016, an open letter was published in a local newspaper imploring Knight to take a strong stance against fracking in Yorkshire. 
As of 2019 Knight's website states that he 'is not an advocate of fracking' and believes communities 'should have the final say' on whether fracking goes ahead in their areas. 
Knight has voted against greater regulations on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He also voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18-month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: absent for a vote to require more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: absent for a vote to loosen regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- MP for Derby North 1983 –1997
- MP for East Yorkshire 2001 –
- parliamentary private secretary to the minister of state for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office 1987-88
- Parliamentary private secretary to the minister of state, Department of Health 1988-89
- Assistant Government whip, 1989-90
- Lord commissioner of HM Treasury, 1990-93
- Government deputy chief whip 1993-96
- Minister of state Department of Trade and Industry 1996-97
- Deputy shadow leader of the house 2002-03
- Shadow minister for: Culture, Media and Sport 2003
- Shadow minister for Environment and Transport 2003-05
- Shadow minister of State for Transport 2005
- Chair, House of Commons procedure select committee 2005-12 
- Address: 18 Exchange Street, Driffield, YO25 6LJ
- Telephone: 0845 090 0203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 4077
- Email: email@example.com
Web & Social media
- Rt Hon Sir Greg Knight MP www.parliament.uk, accessed 9 March 2015
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- Protesters vow to fight fracking moves as Cuadrilla awarded licence to explore in East Riding, Huff Daily Mail, 19 August 2015, accessed 16 November 2016.
- Letter: An open letter to MP Greg Knight, Bridlington Free Press, 26 February 2016, accessed 16 November 2016.
- Greg Knight MP, Fracking, own website, last accessed 11 July 2019
- TheyWorkForYou | Greg Knight, , TheyWorkForYou, accessed 14 November 2016.
- Biography Greg Knight, accessed 9 March 2015