Gibraltar Killings - 6 March 1988
On 6 March 1988 three unarmed members of the Irish Republican Army, Sean Savage, Dan McCann and Mairead Farrell were shot dead on the street in Gibraltar by the British Army elite Special Air Service in an operation termed Operation Flavius by the British.
- Miller, David and Dave Maguire, (1988) 'The Truth on the Rock', Irish America, November : 22-28.
- David Miller and Dave Maguire 'The Truth on the Rocks',Magill, February 1989, p. 9-16.
- Miller, David (1989) 'The Damage Was Done', Magill, April : 16-29. Download PDF of original Here'
- The British Media and Gibraltar extract from David Miller Don't Mention the War: Northern Ireland, Propaganda and the Media, London: Pluto Press, 1994, p. 42-50 - reproduced by permission of the author.
- David Miller 'The Media on the Rock: The Media and the Gibraltar Killings', in Bill Rolston (ed.), The Media and Northern Ireland: Covering the Troubles, London: Macmillan, 1991.
Myrna Reid Grant 'Gibraltar Killings: British Media Ethics' Journal of Mass Media Ethics, Vol. 7, 1992.