Corbett has held senior roles as the group finance director of building materials company Redland plc and food and drinks group Grand Metropolitan plc; chief executive of Railtrack; non-executive direct director of property company MEPC plc, Burmah Castrol plc (now BP) and the food and property company Greencore plc; and chairman of the Woolworths Group, wealth management advisors the Towry Group, Moneysupermarket.com, Action on Hearing Loss and SSL International.
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Corbett was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
- History, Pembroke College, University of Cambridge
- MSC Business Studies, London Business School
- Exchange scholar, Harvard Business School
- Lords Gerland Corbett, 3 December 2014, accessed 2 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 2 April 2015.