Gavin Carter and Associates
Gavin Carter and Associates (GC&A) is a US-based public relations company that works for the UK-based nuclear shipping company International Nuclear Services (INS).
According to PR Week, the contract aims to 'reduce the amount of controversy' created by INS' transportation of nuclear transportation, is worth £500,000 over three-and-a-half years, and forms part of the firm’s ‘global acceptance activities’.
According to a copy of the contract, obtained by NuclearSpin, the PR firm’s role includes:
- Development of Global Acceptance information materials.
- Establishment of governmental, media and academic contacts and co-ordination of HM Government and diplomatic support for shipments.
- Representation of International Nuclear Services on overseas missions.
- Support to INS at Japanese Customer meetings as required.
- Planning of specific missions in support of shipments and management and co-ordination of Global Acceptance activities during shipments.
- Briefing media at key stages of the shipments and monitoring of international media coverage relating to shipments.
- Representation of International Nuclear Services on relevant Global Acceptance issues in Washington DC.
- Building confidence and undertake influential dialogue with key stakeholders.
- Prompt tactical advice for in response to adverse media publications.
The contract is due to run until 2016.
- John Owens, ‘Shipping firm International Nuclear Services seeks comms help’, PR Week, 5 July 2012.
- AGREEMENT NO IN000271 between INTERNATIONAL NUCLEAR SERVICES LIMITED and GAVIN CARTER & ASSOCIATES for GLOBAL ACCEPTANCE ACTIVITIES File:Global Acceptance contract - redacted March 2013.pdf
- Arun Sudhaman, ‘US PR Firm Retained For Global Nuclear Shipping Assignment’, Holmes Report, 22 Nov 2012