Fred Simon Landis, a Chilean-born American psychologist, received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois; thesis: "Psychological Warfare and Media Operations in Chile, 1970 - 1973." He served as a consultant for the Subcommittee on CIA Covert Action in Chile of the Church Committee. <youtube size="medium" align="right" caption="Fred Landis discusses Robert Moss and CIA propaganda">mayeuuZWgkQ</youtube>
- Fred Landis, Psychological warfare and media operations in Chile, 1970-1973, PhD dissertation, Univ. Illinois-Urbana, 1975.
- Fred Landis, "Psychological Warfare in Chile: The CIA Makes Headlines," Liberation, 19 (March-April 1975).
- Fred Landis, 'Georgetown's Ivory Tower for Old Spooks' Inquiry, Sept. 30, 1979, p. 8.
- Fred Landis and Donald Freed, Death in Washington: The Assassination of Orlando Letelier (Lawrence Hill & Co.: 1980).
- Fred Landis, Psychological warfare in the media: The case of Jamaica, Press Association of Jamaica, 1980 (?) (only available on JSTOR).
- Fred Landis, CIA Media Operations in Chile, Jamaica, and Nicaragua, CovertAction Information Bulletin, Number 16, March 1982, pp. 32--43.
- Fred Landis, "Opus Dei: Secret Order Vies for Power," CovertAction Information Bulletin, Number 18, Winter 1983.
- Fred Landis, "Uncle Sam's Georgie Girl", CovertAction Information Bulletin, Number 18, Spring-Summer 1983, pp. 25 - 28; re: Georgie Anne Geyer.
- Fred Landis, "Moscow Rules Moss's Mind," CovertAction Information Bulletin 24, Spring 1985, pp. 36 - 38.
- Fred Landis,"Disinformationgate," CovertAction Information Bulletin, Number 27, Spring 1987; reprinted in Covert Action (Ellen Ray and William H. Schaap, eds.), Ocean Press 2003.