Professor Eyal Zisser is the Vice Rector of Tel Aviv University and the holder of The Yona and Dina Ettinger Chair in Contemporary History of the Middle East.
- 1982-1985 - Tel Aviv University Middle Eastern History and BA 1985 Arabic Language and Literature (Summa cum laude)
- 1985-1988 - Tel Aviv University Middle Eastern History MA 1988 (Magna cum laude)
- Master’s Thesis: “The Arab-Israeli Struggle Over the Jordan Waters and the Inter-Arab System.”
- 1989-1992 - Tel Aviv University Middle Eastern History PHD 1992
- Doctoral Dissertation: The Challenge of Independence: Lebanon under Bishara al-Khuri, 1943-1952.
- 1992, Tel Aviv University The Moshe Dayan Center for Research Fellow Middle Eastern and African Studies
- 1993, Tel Aviv University Middle Eastern and African History, lecturer
- 1995-1996, Cornell University Near Eastern Studies, Visiting Assistant Professor
- 1996-1997, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Visiting Research Fellow
- 1998, Tel Aviv University, Middle Eastern and African History, Senior Lecturer
- 2002,Tel Aviv University, Middle Eastern and African History, Associate Professor
- 2006, Tel Aviv University, Middle Eastern and African History, Full Professor
- 2004-2008, Chair, Department of Middle Eastern and African History , Tel Aviv University
- 2007- 2010, Director, the Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies, Tel Aviv University
- 2010- 2015, Dean, Faculty of Humanities, Tel Aviv University
- Syria under Asad - At a Crossroads (Tel Aviv: HaKibutz Hameuhad, 1999) (in Hebrew).
- Lebanon - The Challenge of Independence (London: I. B. Tauris, March 2000).
- Asad’s Legacy, Syria in Transition (New York: New York University Press, 2000)
- Faces of Syria: Regime, Society and State (Tel Aviv: HaKibutz Hameuhad, 2003) (in Hebrew).
- In the Name of the Father, Bashar al-Asad's First Years in Power (Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv: University Press, 2004 ) (in Hebrew)
- In the Name of the Father, Bashar al-Asad's First Years in Power (Cairo: Madbuli Publishing House, 2005) (in Arabic).
- Commanding Syria, Bashar al-Asad's in Power (London: I. B. Tauris Academic Press, 2006).
- Lebanon: the Bleeding Cedar, from the Civil War to the Second Lebanon War (Tel Aviv: Hakibbutz Hameuchad, 2009) (in Hebrew).
- Syria: Protest, Revolution, Civil War (Tel Aviv University: The Moshe Dayan Center for Middle).
- Institute for National Security Studies - Board of Directors
- Tel Aviv University - Board of Governors
Membership in Scientific Associations
- The Middle East Studies Association (MESA)
- Syrian Studies Association
- Association for Israel Studies
- The Middle East and Islamic studies association of Israel (Meisai)
- The Israeli Historical association