Edward S. Herman
Edward S. Herman collaborated with Noam Chomsky on a theory of propaganda and which was put forth in their book: Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media (1988).
Books and articles by Herman (date order)
- Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman, The Washigton Connection and Third World Fascism, The Political Economy of Human Rights: Volume 1, South End Press, 1979.
- Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman, After the Cataclysm: Postwar Indochina & the Reconstruction of Imperial Ideology, The Political Economy of Human Rights: Volume 2, South End Press, 1979.
- Edward S. Herman and Frank Brodhead, Demonstration Elections: U.S.-staged elections in the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, and El Salvador, South End Press, 1984
- Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, Parthenon, 1988.
- William Preston, Jr., Edward S. Herman, Herbert I. Schiller, Hope & Folly: The United States and UNESCO 1945-1985, Univ. of Minnesota Press, 1989.
- Edward Herman, Beyond Hypocrisy: Decoding the News in an Age of Propaganda, South End Press, 1992.
- Edward Herman, "Disinformation as News Fit to Print: LeMoyne and the Times on the Murder of Herbert Anaya", Covert Action Information Bulletin, No. 31, Winter 1989, pp. 65 – 69.
- Edward Herman, "Beyond Doublespeak: Iraq and Israel", Z Magazine, June 2004.