Democratic Leadership Council
- Regarding foreign policy, the DLC attempted to resurrect the hardline anticommunism of Sen. Henry "Scoop" Jackson but rejected the New Deal politics that Jackson and other traditional "New Deal liberals" embraced. In the late 1980s, DLC Democrats supported aid to the Contras, applauded Reagan's "Evil Empire" rhetoric, and offered their support to those militarists calling for missile defense and rejecting arms control negotiations. While the neoliberals foresaw an end to the Cold War, the DLC still viewed the Soviet Union as an unmitigated threat.
- Harold Ford, Jr Chairman
- Senator Tom Carper Vice-chair
- Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton Chair of the DLC's American Dream Initiative
- Al From Founder and Chief Executive Officer:
- Bruce Reed President
- Paul Weinstein Jr Chief Operating Officer
Contacts, resources and references
600 Pennsylvania Ave., SE Suite 400 Washington, DC 20003
- Web: DLC.org (www.dlc.org)
- Phone: (202) 546-0007
- Fax: (202) 544-5002
- Press Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Email: email@example.com
- Democratic Leadership Council RightWeb profile, accessed 28 May 2008.