Defence Public Affairs Consultants
Defence Public Affairs Consultants Ltd (DPAC) is a defence industry lobby firm which is owned by the Europac Group which in turn is run from the Glasgow offices of Barwell Plc (which owns 71% of Europac). The 'ultimate controlling party' of the DPAC is Viscount Gough.
According to a blurb on the Defence Manufacturers Association website:
- The Company's mission is to help its clients to achieve their corporate, marketing and sales objectives. The Company provides professional services to major companies employing their own in-house PR and marketing teams and also smaller companies who have no dedicated specialists. The directors and principal consultants have an in-depth knowledge of liaison with procurement executives, MODs and governments world-wide. They also have practical experience of marketing and public relations in the defence industry and agencies.
- Hugh Colver
- Neville Taylor, circa 1989, director general of the Central Office of Information and head of the Government Information Service until the end of 1988, 'has been appointed principal associate of Defence Public Affairs Consultants.'
- SECRETARY: BENNIE, LYNNE HAIG Appointed: 01/03/1993, Date of Birth: 26/09/1953 Nationality: BRITISH, No. of Company appointments: 42 Address: KINTAIL 10 MIDDLE ROAD BOARDMILLS COUNTY ANTRIM BT27 6UU
- DIRECTOR: BISHOP, PETER Appointed: pre07/01/1992 Date of Birth: 11/06/1939 Nationality: BRITISH No. of Company appointments: 20 Address: 40 HOUSEFIELD WILLESBOROUGH ASHFORD KENT TN24 0AF
- DIRECTOR:COLVER, HUGH BERNARD CBE Appointed: 24/11/1998 Date of Birth: 22/08/1945 Nationality: BRITISH No. of Company appointments: 3 Address: FINCHAM HALL, FINCHAM KINGS LYNN NORFOLK, PE33 9DQ
- DIRECTOR: DICK, JOHN WILLIAM Appointed: 11/04/2006 Date of Birth: 16/07/1949 Nationality: BRITISH No. of Company appointments: 2 Address: DORPSSTRAAT 23 HEEL LIMBURG 6097 AL NETHERLANDS
- DIRECTOR: MACKIE, ALEXANDER CHARLES GORDON Appointed:08/02/1999 Date of Birth: 06/10/1946 Nationality: BRITISH No. of Company appointments: 80 Address: 24A CLEVEDEN GARDENS GLASGOW LANARKSHIRE G12 0PT
Contact, resources, notes
c/o Barwell plc Sterling House 20 Renfield Street Glasgow G2 5AR Tel: +44 (0) 141 248 8814 Fax: +44 (0) 141 221 4098 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web site:
Name & Registered Office
DEFENCE PUBLIC AFFAIRS CONSULTANTS LIMITED 40 HOUSEFIELD WILLESBOROUGH ASHFORD KENT TN24 0AF Company No. 02407498
Status: Active Date of Incorporation: 24/07/1989 Country of Origin: United Kingdom Company Type: Private Limited Company Nature of Business (SIC(03)): 7414 - Business & management consultancy Accounting Reference Date: 30/09 Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2006 (DORMANT) Next Accounts Due: 30/07/2008 Last Return Made Up To: 31/01/2007 Next Return Due: 28/02/2008 Last Members List: 31/01/2007
- Bigraphical note on HUGH COLVER CBE FRAeS FRSA in Praetorian Protection 3880EXECUTIVE SECURITY SERVICE, accessed 27 October 2007
- Financial Times (London,England), June 8, 1989, Thursday, SECTION I; Appointments; Pg. 50
- Companies House Web Check, accessed 28 October 2007