Sir David Sieff is a member of the founding family of Marks & Spencer plc. He worked for the company for 45 years, 29 as a Director.
Sieff was educated at Repton.
He is a Trustee of the Mentor Foundation for Prevention of Drugs and Substance Abuse among young people, a Vice President of St Andrews Youth Club (Westminster) and the Hon. President of British ORT. A Governor of the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel, and President of the Mathilda and Terence Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Trust.
A past Chairman of FIBI Bank(UK), the British Retail Consortium, the European Retail Round Table and the North Metropolitan Conciliation Committee of the Race Relations Board. The first chair of the National Lottery Charities Board and a founding member of Business in the Community. He was also a member of the National Board for Crime Prevention and the European Policy Centre in Brussels.
He is a member of the Jockey Club and was Chairman of Newbury Racecourse plc for 12 years. Past President of the Racehorse Owners Association and was on the board of the Horserace Totalisator Board (The Tote).
He was also a Trustee of Glyndebourne Arts Trust for over 30 years.
- International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation - Trustee circa 2013
- David and Jennifer Sieff Charitable Trust - Trustee
- Michael Marks - Great Grandfather
- Israel Sieff- Grandfather
- Rebecca Doro Sieff - Grandmother
- Marcus Joseph Sieff - (July 2, 1913 - February 23, 2001) - Father
- Rosalie Sieff - Mother
- Jonathan Sieff - Son
- John Sacher - also great grandson of Michael Marks