David Martin Abrahams
Labour Party Donor
The Daily Mail reports:
- 'Police are already looking at proxy donations to Labour of more than £600,000 from property developer David Abrahams, which Mr Brown has said were 'unlawful' and not properly declared. That case has already claimed the resignation of Labour's general secretary, Peter Watt'.
In December 2007 it was revealed that Abrahams had donated by proxy to the Labour Friends of Israel which in turn donated to Labour party. The donation took place in 2003 before the war against Iraq. He admitted that the reason he donated by proxy was to avoid the impression of a "conspiracy".
- Labour Friends of Israel | Community Security Trust | Royal United Services Institute, Vice President
- Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, The shadowy role of Labour Friends of Israel, The Independent, 3 December 2007.
- Brogan, B. (2008) 'Exit Peter Hain, pursued by police; Donor scandal claims its first resignation & now will other Labour heads roll?' The Daily Mail. 25th January 2008
- CHRIS HASTINGS and ANDREW ALDERSON, Fêted by Blair: the glory days when donor was not so shy Scorned businessman in donations row enjoyed access to the very top of the party, The Sunday Telegraph, 7-December-2007
- RUSI http://www.rusi.org/about/council/ RUSI Council], accessed 22 August 2013