Before Heath served as a member of parliament, he worked for the Somerset county council in 1985, a position he served in until May 1997. He went on to serve as leader of the Council from 1985 to 1989. Heath was also member of the Audit Commission between 1994 to 1997, and in 1989 he was awarded the CBE for political service. 
During his time in politics, Heath has held several shadow positions, including shadow secretary of state for justice as well as shadow leader of the House of Commons. He was also the deputy leader of the House of Commons from May 2010 to September 2012. 
- Consumer Council for Water, chair, western region - since March 2015
- Solicitors Regulation Authority, lay board member - since February 2015
- Address: 17 Bath Street, Frome, BA11 1DN
- Telephone: 01373 473618
- Fax: 01373 455152
- Email: email@example.com
Web & Social media
- Website: http://www.davidheath.co.uk
- Mr David Heath MP www.parliament.uk, accessed 6 March 2015
- BBC News Somerton and Frome, accessed 15 May 2015.
- David Heath CBE MP GOV.UK, accessed 6 March 2015
- Gov.UK Summary of business appointments applications - David Heath, 27 May 2015, accessed 16 June 2015.